Admissions policy to nursery and main school
|Present annual admission limits|
1. North Lincolnshire wishes to promote provision for under fives throughout the Authority. All applications from families living in any area of North Lincolnshire must be considered. Applications received will be considered in the light of the school’s admission policy for admission to the nursery class.
2. The parent/carer will be expected to fill in and/or sign a standard application form. All information given by the carer will be regarded as confidential. It should be pointed out to parents that attendance at the nursery does not guarantee a place in main school.
3. A meeting will take place in Spring tem for all prospective parents and those with their name down on the waiting list for entry to nursery during the following year. Parents will be able to meet staff and look around the school. Information will be given regarding entry to the nursery.
4. Parents will be informed as soon as is practically possible in the term before their child starts. Nursery staff will arrange a home visit before children enter the Nursery. Children will then be invited to attend a session with parents and a session alone before beginning Nursery.
5. Parents will be given the choice of Option 1 or Option 2 as detailed in the Section ‘About our Nursery’. Both options provide 15 hours which equates to 2 full days and a half day per week.
6. Children will transfer to Reception in the September of the academic year in which they become five.
7. The criteria for admission to reception is as follows
a) in catchment
b) optional zone
c) out of catchment
It should be pointed out that attendance at our Nursery does not guarantee a place in Main School.