Applying for a place at Bushfield Road Nursery
If you would like to enrol your child at Bushfield Road Nursery you need to register your interest with us by contacting the main school office. You are welcome to telephone or call in to the office to leave your details. Please find our address, location and telephone number in the contact details section of this website.
When should I apply for a Nursery place?
You can apply for a Nursery place at Bushfield Road Nursery whenever you want to. Most people register their interest when their child is between two and three years old. You will be invited to a meeting in the March before your child starts in the nursery in September.
If my child gets a place how old will they be when they start Nursery?
At Bushfield Nursery, children will usually start in the September of the academic year in which they become 4 years old. This means that some children will be almost 4 years old whilst others who have birthdays in July/August will be just 3 years old.
The Application Process
- Parents are invited to a meeting in March and fill in a form to request their hours.
- Places are confirmed by a letter in April.
- Home visits usually occur in June.
- New starters are invited to a stay and play session with their parents in July.
- Children attend for a taster morning or afternoon in September before starting their hours the following week.
If you would like to apply for a place at our Nursery or would like more information about the application process then please contact the school and ask to speak to Mrs Pogson on 842829.
For more information on 30 hours eligibility, please see the website: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Please see the new parents powerpoint for more information.