- Curriculum overviews
- Encouraging Phonics at home
- Supporting Reading at Home
- Key Words for Your Child to Learn
- What your child needs to know
- Enrichment Afternoon
- Attendance / Term Time Absence
- Out of School Care
- Parents Booklet
- Physical Education
- Pupil Premium Funding
- Term Dates
- Local Services
Here is some general information that as a parent/carer you might find useful. For further information please refer to our Parent Booklet
- Miss Sharp: Monday / Wednesday
- Miss Buccieri: Monday / Thursday
- Mrs Drayton: Tuesday / Friday
- Miss Miller: Thursday / Friday
- Mrs Priest: Monday / Thursday
- Mrs Turnbull/Mrs Kostryca: Wednesday /Thursday
During the autumn and summer terms, P.E. is outside and children are required to wear suitable clothing and footwear. For the rest of the year P.E. is in the school hall in vest and pants. We ask parents to remove ear rings on health and safety grounds.
Please note that on our Friday enrichment afternoon, children often have an extra P.E. session outside for a 3 week block. Parents/carers are given a note to inform them of this.
Every Friday all children are involved in extra activities that enhance the curriculum. These sessions are taken by qualified practitioners supported by classroom teaching assistants. Activities are rotated on a three weekly cycle, they include dance, outdoor games, art and music.
Reading and Homework
The school has a homework policy which is part of the Home/School agreement. Parents are expected to sign up to this agreement and to support their child and the school in its implementation. All children are expected to read at home at least three times a week supported by skills taught in school. Bushfield Road parents have always been great at doing this and this is reflected in our reading results.